Yacca Paddock VineyardsKuitpo, Adelaide Hills 2020
It’s definitely not a variety Moorak is known for — but that was the point.
With Shiraz holding those typical, ‘classic’ expectations, what does a contemporary Shiraz look and feel like?
With the Moorak line-up less about heavy-reds, it was about taking the winemaking techniques used on light red varieties, to capture those brighter expressions of the Shiraz fruit.
A contemporary take, on a classic variety. Vibrancy and a softness that leans into the lighter-red styles, but partnered with depth and intensity expected by the heavier red crowd.
· Matured in a seasoned puncheon
· Wild yeast fermented
· Regenerative viticultural practices
· Minimal sulphur added
· No other additions or fining agents used
· Limited to 42 doz. produced
· 14.4 % ALC — 8.5 std. drinks