Hybrid Red Semillon Blonde Sour 2021
Yacca Paddock VineyardKuitpo, Adelaide Hills / Barossa Valley
Brett from Ministry has a meticulous focus when it comes to his process — conscious and deliberate brewing. And it’s a testament to the quality of his output. It’s where Jordan and Brett came together, this mutual interest in experimentation, and to push the boundaries of co-fermentation.
The Hybrid, an experimental skin contact Red Semillon Blonde Sour. The process was detailed, each step to build on the results of the last. 5 days skin contact, time in oak, 14 months soured and bottle fermented using sugar from fresh Grenache Blanc juice.
With no expectations but to trust the process, the result is wild. A progressive sour wine, created with calculated intent. Stone fruits, somewhat tart, but not confronting.
$ 32. —
* EDIT QTY AT CHECKOUT
· Ministry of Beer and Moorak Hybrid
· Skin Contact Red Semillon Blonde Sour (APX. 60% Blonde Sour, 40% Red Semillon)
· 5 Day Skin Contact Maceration
· Pressed to Seasoned Oak
· 14 Months Souring
· No Added Sulphur
· Bottle fermented using sugar from fresh Grenache Blanc Juice.
· 46 Dozen Bottled in June 2022
· 8.1% ABV
· 4.8 Standard Drinks